Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,
Our little beagle (over 2 years old) had some vomiting issues since last week. She had a difficulty passing her stool last week, and suddenly vomited and cried, while shaking. We rushed her to the emergency VET, she seemed calmed down and they gave her some medicines to control vomiting. Same night, she vomited again, so we took her back. She stayed in the Vet hospital for 24 hours, on fluids and etc.. Two X-rays, done nothing showed up. She had all sorts of blood-work done too, all seemed better than normal, no temperature. She had regular bowel movements too, without diarrhea. We have been giving her medicines and she seemed fine until tonight, as she just vomited again 3 or 4 times repeatedly, mostly bile, yellowish liquid. Her behaviour is normal, quite active and playful and ready to eat anything. I will definitely call the VET again first thing in the morning but wanted to check if any suggestions here ?
She goes out to our garden for potty, I'm not sure if she is picking up some leaves or anything that makes her stomach upset? She is usually fine, tough stomach, never had any serious health issues before.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
You are doing exactly the right thing by checking with your vet , do keep us up to date on how she gets on..

I am a beagle owner and I know they are devils for eating stuff the shouldnt so your vet is the best person to judge whats wrong.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
2,054 Posts
If there's any chance she's getting into something, I'd definitely put her on more closely supervised yard time for a while. We've definitely had birds drop things like moldy bread and other suspect things in our yard before, and of course there's always the risk of a toxic plant, fungus or animal/insect (depending on where you live), so being absolutely sure she's not eating anything you don't know about is important for getting her over this. Even if it's something that wouldn't normally bother her, having an upset stomach already can absolutely make her more sensitive. Just like most of us can't go grab a cheeseburger and fries when we're getting over a stomach bug.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Hello there,
Our little beagle (over 2 years old) had some vomiting issues since last week. She had a difficulty passing her stool last week, and suddenly vomited and cried, while shaking. We rushed her to the emergency VET, she seemed calmed down and they gave her some medicines to control vomiting. Same night, she vomited again, so we took her back. She stayed in the Vet hospital for 24 hours, on fluids and etc.. Two X-rays, done nothing showed up. She had all sorts of blood-work done too, all seemed better than normal, no temperature. She had regular bowel movements too, without diarrhea. We have been giving her medicines and she seemed fine until tonight, as she just vomited again 3 or 4 times repeatedly, mostly bile, yellowish liquid. Her behaviour is normal, quite active and playful and ready to eat anything. I will definitely call the VET again first thing in the morning but wanted to check if any suggestions here ?
She goes out to our garden for potty, I'm not sure if she is picking up some leaves or anything that makes her stomach upset? She is usually fine, tough stomach, never had any serious health issues before.
If x-rays did not show an obstruction, then I would ask your vet for Sucralfate, a very strong antacid. You can make a slurry out of it, which is easier to give. This medication is given on an empty stomach-1 hour before other medications, or 1 hour after other medications. Talk to your vet. Also talk to your vet about Royal Canin GI food.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top