Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past few days, Bones has been sleeping more than normal. She has vomited maybe five times in the past two weeks? Usually grass or hay or a clump of horse hair she snagged when I wasn't looking.

Today, she ate her dins fine, then threw it up about an hour later. Then, roughly three hours after that, she threw up in her crate. I pulled her out, cleaned it up, got ready for bed, and she threw up twice more in quick succession.

I already decided to take her to the vet tomorrow if they can squeeze us in, but I was hoping someone might be able to assuage my fears a bit. Her appetite is totally normally, as is bathroom habits. She's not quite as energetic as usual, but it's also been a trillion degrees around here lately.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Our neighbors dog was doing the same thing (we dog sit often) turns out he had swallowed a bone that was not digesting and it was making him ill for what ever reason. He did have to have it surgically removed though ( he is a small dog) hopefully it is not anything as serious but Giz is now fine and will still try to swallow everything in site.
Is there a chance he could have worms? I hope it is nothing serious.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I guess she is ill, take her to near by vet and ask for the treatment, I guess before this you might haven't trained her and started giving her unhelathy food like meat and other stuffs. meats is only heathy when they follow their reugular training routine, otherwise they will become like a pig.
I don't understand this post.

regardless, I would take her to a vet. We had something similar with Delilah and it was a severe allergic reaction.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
For the past few days, Bones has been sleeping more than normal. She has vomited maybe five times in the past two weeks? Usually grass or hay or a clump of horse hair she snagged when I wasn't looking.

Today, she ate her dins fine, then threw it up about an hour later. Then, roughly three hours after that, she threw up in her crate. I pulled her out, cleaned it up, got ready for bed, and she threw up twice more in quick succession.

I already decided to take her to the vet tomorrow if they can squeeze us in, but I was hoping someone might be able to assuage my fears a bit. Her appetite is totally normally, as is bathroom habits. She's not quite as energetic as usual, but it's also been a trillion degrees around here lately.
Please keep us posted on her progress after the vets. I hope she is going to be alright!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts