Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 3yo corgie who has of late been vomiting what looks to be a few days worth of food. i've switched his diet to hill's sensitive stomach (still in the process of transitioning old food to new) per the vet's recommendation two weeks ago but last night he threw up again the same amount of food.

also he licks the bottom of his front paws which i heard may be a symptom of an allergy so i am wondering if this is all tied together.

does anyone have either of these issues with their dogs or advice on if the two symptoms may be related?

thanks

·
Registered
334 Posts
Very well could be. What were you feeding him before the Hills?

My golden is sensitive to food and sometimes he will vomit whole food if it doesn't agree with him--and lick his paws/chew at the base of his tail if he is bothered by something in the food.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had him on wellness and am thinking that it may be the wheat that bothers him. outside of switching his food again to a no wheat diet, not sure if there are any other methods to narrow down what might be affecting him.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I started out by switching to a totally grain free dog food and built up little by little ... adding one protein at a time. I had a sneaking suspicion my dogs were allergic to wheat, chicken, turkey, poultry. I started with Fish ... actually Taste Of The Wild Pacific Stream - grain free.

After about 4-6 weeks later the itching and chewing and gas disappeared. Vomiting was not very often in my dogs case. Every dog is different. Allergies are tough to pin point without actual testing sometimes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts