Super Moderator
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And it was a pretty happy reunion.

Dante thinks he's a 60-pound lapdog.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Sweet pic Ron. And, uh, ya they are 60lb lapdogs!!!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I LOVE this dog.

He rarely barks. He loves every human and every dog he meets.

He puts up with an amazing amount of crap from Zeke but, even when he's reached the limits of his patience, his response is usually benign and humorous. When both dogs stayed with us a few weeks ago, and Zeke was barking like an idiot for no obvious reason, Dante walked over to Zeke, took his muzzle in his own mouth and (rather gently) closed Zeke's mouth and held it shut for a moment. When he released, he looked at Zeke as if to say, "Do you think you can keep it down a bit now?"

I've seen Dante take the entire top of Zeke's head in is mouth, without really hurting him, as if to remind him that even big, good-natured dogs might swallow smaller, yappy dogs if they get out of line.

He's also one of the most photogenic dogs I've been around, which is ironic. The first picture my daughter ever saw of him, on Petfinder, didn't look like anything she'd want to bring home. There was something in the description, though, that made her want to go out and meet him.

I'm really glad she did.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
LOL That last picture looks like Dante is laughing hysterically at something on TV. LOL
Great pictures! I agree that Dante is obviously a lap dog. Size doesn't make or break the lap dog deal. I have 2 100+ pound lap dog here and a 14 pound lap cat. :)

·
Super Moderator
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That last picture looks like Dante is laughing hysterically at something on TV
Actually, it was one of the biggest yawns I've ever seen, but you could see how a miniature schnauzer's head could fit in there.

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Ron those are great family pics! and u iz a big old dude.
Dante is an awesome looking dog. ;)..i hope to have many grand dogs in the future...that means i need to breed more myself.ha!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts