Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have a 2 year old Shiba Inu that I've noticed has some peculiar behaviours that I hope are not health-related. I've always owned mixed breeds in the past (Lab-Terrier, Terrier-Beagle, Mutt-Wolf...), so I'm not sure if it's just the breed. Here's what's happening:

1. Backs up slowly out of smaller spaces-never turns around. Even in hallways...

2. When trying to catch a fly, she's about a foot off when she snaps...and she's fast. I don't think it's a speed issue

3. Can't catch a ball or treat when tossed to her. She loves to play fetch and tries to catch the ball, but it hasn't happened yet.

4. Terrified of being walked on busy streets with cars, bicycles and pedestrians. Loud or strange noises really scare her. I took her into Petland Discounts recently and held her the whole time, but she was so frightened that she peed on my feet!

5. Has trouble jumping off of even low objects.

6. Doesn't recognize friends or family until they are at least three yards away and/or speak.

7. Extremely aggressive to people passing our car, walking in the building stairwell or just ringing the bell. She's ready to bite.

When she was a puppy in the kennel, she experienced a severe hurricane, but I don't think post traumatic stress can explain all of these behaviours.

Any ideas or opinions?

Thank you!!! Luna on Skype.jpg Luna on Pier 1.jpg Luna at Greyson's house.jpg

1 - 1 of 1 Posts