Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening,

My girlfriend and I have been looking for a dog, we met one today that we really liked. She is about 2 years old, and seems to be pretty sweet. We took a little video; any feedback on the dogs’ behavior would be appreciated. I am not sure how natural she was acting given the stress she must be under.

Here the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJmgYQOuUUU

Thanks!

Kevin

·
Registered
12,761 Posts
Very cute dog. Seemed to enjoy the affection, and generally pretty mellow. Didn't react to the barking in the background in a concerning way, and looked like a good candidate to leave today. So when will she be home? ;)

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
nervous but attentive to you guys. I wouldn't worry about the nervous part considering the environment.

When you get her home, be very hands off at first...let her come to you as she is ready, let her explore her environment in the home at her own pace and when she does approach you offer gentle affection and rewards...

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
German Shepherd / Border Collie - Are you ready to give her a job to do? My guess is she'll be a lot more energetic and possibly outgoing outside of the shelter environment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for everybody’s comments and feedback.

Shaina, she is really cute. Webster and Kim look adorable. Ah, I love dogs.

zimandtakandgrrandmimi, thanks for the tips. We will do that for sure, give her some time to check out her new home.

Curbside Prophet, she will need to get spayed first. So probably Friday. For now we are trying to figure out all the costs and such. Make sure we are ready.

Pepper, yea. She was totally observing everything. When a dog walked by though, she got pretty wound up. One of the conditions is to take a class that will help her get along with other dogs better.

pamperedpups, thanks for your comments. We were told that, I think it is actually something we want. We also think it would be great to take her to agility classes and maybe down the road we could run agility competitions with her. Got to see.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
:eek: i thought it was my dog CAIN!!! :D They sure look alike.. Cain is shepherd/collie (but being a mutt, there really is no telling!) The dog looks pretty mellow and a little camera shy :) But she is pretty.

Hope you pick her! Good luck!

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
I am very excited for you. She did look a little nervous in the situation but who wouldn't be? She also seemed to want to interact with you guys and seemed to find comfort in you as well which is really nice. I hope it all works out and you will hang out and share stories about her. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts