Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Oh Lord, I am such a baby. I watch things like this and I cry happy tears. Sometimes even in the worst situations, good things can happen. Sad that his mama and daddy couldn't keep him just now but maybe he can get patched up and get back to them. What a brave little dog.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
While I understand his family is going through a lot right now, I can't believe they would just abandon that dog after all he's been through. I'm sure a vet would have sprung for the surgery given the circumstances.

·
Registered
143 Posts
While I understand his family is going through a lot right now, I can't believe they would just abandon that dog after all he's been through. I'm sure a vet would have sprung for the surgery given the circumstances.
My understanding from the article is that a vet IS doing the surgery, in fact the pup is currently staying with the vet until his owners can find a new home. I live in the area hit, and there are lots of sad stories like this.

One of my husband's friend's house was hit early in the AM, the morning before the major tornado hit Tuscaloosa. He was trapped in the basement with his toddler, bellycrawling out a window to get help. Their little dog Camo survived the tornado, but had to stay with his owner's sister afterwards because their house was destroyed. Unfortunately, Camo ran out the door a few days later, probably planning to make his way back home. There have been a few sighting of him since, but they have not found him despite tireless searching.

I'm so attached to my dog that I don't know what I'd do if we were seperated... it would be like losing a child. Even our most recent houseguest, the pregnant stray Gypsy, I'd probably be distraught if anything happened to her and she's only been here a week.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My understanding from the article is that a vet IS doing the surgery, in fact the pup is currently staying with the vet until his owners can find a new home. I live in the area hit, and there are lots of sad stories like this.

One of my husband's friend's house was hit early in the AM, the morning before the major tornado hit Tuscaloosa. He was trapped in the basement with his toddler, bellycrawling out a window to get help. Their little dog Camo survived the tornado, but had to stay with his owner's sister afterwards because their house was destroyed. Unfortunately, Camo ran out the door a few days later, probably planning to make his way back home. There have been a few sighting of him since, but they have not found him despite tireless searching.

I'm so attached to my dog that I don't know what I'd do if we were seperated... it would be like losing a child. Even our most recent houseguest, the pregnant stray Gypsy, I'd probably be distraught if anything happened to her and she's only been here a week.
i'm always terrified when the sirens go off during bad storms. back when we had cats we would pack them away in their carrier and take them to the VFW shelter with us. but now that we have my boy Phoenix, i have no idea what we would do. probably just barricade ourselves in the bathroom with a bunch of mattresses. but if i were to lose either my dog *or* my moms dog i would be devastated. i can't even begin to imagine life without either of them :[

1 - 5 of 5 Posts