Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here watch Castle? I don't often see it but did this past week. It was a dog show mystery. Anyway, Castle (the main character) is dog sitting the victims dog (A Golden Retriever" At the end, he says to the dog "Get him, Royal" and the dog, growls and goes running after the perp. The humor is that for several years it was always Doberman, GSD's, Rotties and Pit Bulls. In this show, it was a Golden. Just kind of a nice change of pace. ha ha

·
Registered
7,417 Posts

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I had a thread about it on Monday: http://www.dogforums.com/general-dog-forum/107007-tonights-castle-dog-related.html

I enjoyed the episode. The designer dog stuff made me go, "NO, that's so wrong! Show people wouldn't act like that!" but it ended up being a lie, so it all made sense in the end. It was fun and the twist at the end was good. :)

Oops, sorry. It just cracked me up that they had a Golden and then sent him after a bad guy. People always see things like that in movies about Rotties and believe them to be vicious, do you think there might be some out there that will be more resistant to getting a Golden? ha ha Also, I agree, I can't see any show people getting on the designer mutt band wagon.

A couple years ago there was a "Bones" episode that dealt with dog fighting. Cesar Milan had a cameo in it and it was so ridiculous. They did say a couple good things but the fact that they had Rottweiler's, Malinois, German Shepherds and Pit Bulls all for dog fighting sort of lost me. I guess it was refreshing to see a Golden in the role rather then a "dangerous dog" even though the bulk of the role was the loving sweet dog, some folks would latch on the final scene. I wouldn't have given 2 cents for the nasty little chihuahua though.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Anyone here watch Castle? I don't often see it but did this past week. It was a dog show mystery. Anyway, Castle (the main character) is dog sitting the victims dog (A Golden Retriever" At the end, he says to the dog "Get him, Royal" and the dog, growls and goes running after the perp. The humor is that for several years it was always Doberman, GSD's, Rotties and Pit Bulls. In this show, it was a Golden. Just kind of a nice change of pace. ha ha

I'm sorry you have lost all your credibility, once you have Rott on head all is lost:)

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sorry you have lost all your credibility, once you have Rott on head all is lost:)

Trust me, all was lost long before I had a Rottie on my head this morning. ha ha I am sure it didn't help anything though. I find I protect other areas more then my head. Those feet that land on my body hurt like heck. It is generally his butt or his face that is on my face. Not a fan of either the butt or face on mine but at least they don't hurt like the claws..

·
Super Moderator
11,548 Posts
I'm holding out for a show (maybe mini-series) about tennis balls drowning in Lake Michigan and being rescued by a courageous Plott hound and her adorable, though unstable, sidekick lab/weim mix.

I may have to write the script myself.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm holding out for a show (maybe mini-series) about tennis balls drowning in Lake Michigan and being rescued by a courageous Plott hound and her adorable, though unstable, sidekick lab/weim mix.

I may have to write the script myself.

Let us know when you have that project finished, I am sure you would have a large audience.

·
Super Moderator
11,548 Posts
Let us know when you have that project finished, I am sure you would have a large audience.
I've forwarded the script to a couple of canine prima dona actresses, but they want too much money.

I may have to hire beagles for the starring roles. They will act for food.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts