Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by the office to grab a single dose to try before ordering a 6 month supply. On the phone they said they have it in stock. When I got there The front desk said "No, it's Advantix." So I said "Oh, I wanted Advantix two for better flea control." They looked at me like I was crazy and said I must be thinking of something else. Then a vet tech happened to walk by so they asked her if she has ever heard of Advantix II and said "There's no such thing. I just got off the phone ordering more so I would know." I just said OK, I'll order it online and walked out.

Am I crazy? There are two types, right? I don't like that office at all so if this is a red flag, it's the last straw.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Pet meds carries it ......... :/

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Pet meds carries it ......... :/
LOL, while shopping for the best prices I cam across Advantix and Advantix II. I was going to order from Dr. Fosters (I think that was the website that has free shipping and a decent price.)
It's this office, at the first (and only real visit we've had there) they made me feel like crap when I asked to go home to research the two "optional" vax's the vet wanted to give him and they guilted me into it. I felt uneasy after that. Now, they made me feel like an idiot even though I had my iPhone out with Advantix II right on it.

My pup is having a tooth extraction on Monday and I brought him to a different office for that (because I already felt uneasy about this original office) but have an appointment scheduled for Friday with them just to be sure I'm making the right choice. I think I'm going to cancel it though.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
LOL, while shopping for the best prices I cam across Advantix and Advantix II. I was going to order from Dr. Fosters (I think that was the website that has free shipping and a decent price.)
It's this office, at the first (and only real visit we've had there) they made me feel like crap when I asked to go home to research the two "optional" vax's the vet wanted to give him and they guilted me into it. I felt uneasy after that. Now, they made me feel like an idiot even though I had my iPhone out with Advantix II right on it.

My pup is having a tooth extraction on Monday and I brought him to a different office for that (because I already felt uneasy about this original office) but have an appointment scheduled for Friday with them just to be sure I'm making the right choice. I think I'm going to cancel it though.

I would not tolerate their attitude much less their seemingly " Don't Know " remarks ... what do they really know? I would change vets if it were me ........

It is not your job to do their homework. A good vet will give you information before you have a chance to ask ........ IMHO

We all know I just did ... :(

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
There aren't 2 types, technically. . .they only make II now. I guess the original was discontinued. Maybe since they never had 2 types, she didn't notice the boxes had II on them?

But no matter what, there's no reason to put up with snotty behavior.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There aren't 2 types, technically. . .they only make II now. I guess the original was discontinued. Maybe since they never had 2 types, she didn't notice the boxes had II on them?

But no matter what, there's no reason to put up with snotty behavior.
That makes much more sense. They had the original Advantix on their shelf so maybe when they called to order more, either they are still getting the original stock or the person taking their order didn't mention it's Advantix II now.

And LOL Keechak, I'm NOT going back there. Even to stick out my tongue. :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts