Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I live in a really rural area and the vet is out on calls all day, we only have one. I can take him tomorrow though. But in the meantime can you guys give me some ideas on what I can do for my dog and what it could be.

He's a border collie X kelpie

3 years old almost

about 20kilos or 42lbs

Normally super high energy and nothing can slow him down

today just laying around, very very quiet

really bad breath

very pale gums

has the sick feeling when you touch him.

Capillary refill is normal

eyes are bright

responds to his name but doesn't get up

belly feels normal

no vomiting or diarrhea

normal urination and stools

has a pronounced limp in left front side that showed up this morning

have not witnessed any injury occur

ate last night, not interested in food this morning, had a small drink a few hours ago.

Vet can't do anything until tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I would continue to attempt to hand feed and use a dropper of sorts to get some water into him... check his temp... just rest with him and see if his breathing becomes labored...etc. My golden had a staph infection that sounded just like this. It can wait until morning, but not longer...

·
Banned
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He had a huge bout of diarrhea and is now up and runnign around being a general pain in the butt again. Maybe he ate something... I'll still take him in the morning

·
Registered
583 Posts
He had a huge bout of diarrhea and is now up and runnign around being a general pain in the butt again. Maybe he ate something... I'll still take him in the morning
stationgirl ,

Glad to hear things are better. Please post what you find out from Vet.

BTW. I really like the pics of your dogs............

Good Luck, oldhounddog

·
Banned
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He did an external and minor internal examination of Nelson and says he thinks it was just a tummy upset and just make sure he keeps drinking and eating and he should be fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts