Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brothers dog is very sick and the vet doesn't know what it is.

The dogs very dehydrated and not eating so she's on IV. She was foaming at the mouth, puking, liquid diarrhea, fever. The vet said if they brought her in any later she would have died. Any idea what this could be? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also the dog is like around is only 6 weeks old or something like that, they just got the dog and she never had much energy when they got her.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Does she have bloody diarrhea? Has a parvo test been done? Has she had any vaccines at all? It's possible that the pup has parvo or distemper.
Sometimes we will see dogs "foaming" or drooling excessively because they are extremely nauseated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THe diarrhoea is not bloody I'm not sure what the vet has done... just know that the vet doesn't know whats wrong.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Well, we'll keep the poor little pup in our thoughts tonight. She's awfully young to be going through this. Hope the vet figures out what is wrong soon. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like the dog didn't have energy but she wasn't foaming at the mouth or any of the other stuff... it puked in the car ride to their home but thats apparently common, she looked normal besides the lack of energy, but now she's also very underweight.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
6 weeks is too young to get vaccines and the first vaccine is not going .to protect against parvo and distemper.

I would ask your vet what exactly has he done. An xray may be in order as well. If he hasn't done a parvo telest, I would ask your vet to do one. Is he getting antibiotics?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts