Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog Ares has a problem. He seems to think nighttime is playtime. I try walking him before going to bed, but he start carrying.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
How old is he?

When my dog was young, he would sleep after supper than wake up around 9pm and play for an hour or two before going to bed. I stopped this by preventing him from napping before bedtime...then walking him (a third time) for a potty break before bed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
In a little more than a week, he will be 16 months.
How old is he?

When my dog was young, he would sleep after supper than wake up around 9pm and play for an hour or two before going to bed. I stopped this by preventing him from napping before bedtime...then walking him (a third time) for a potty break before bed.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Needs more exercise during the day. Ares looks like he's a Pit or some sort of bully dog in your photo. They are very smart, active dogs so they need a lot of outlets for that energy. Make sure you are giving him a lot of time outside, and doing training though out the day. Before bed I like to do a major training session to get their minds tired with many sits and downs to really get their minds and body tired.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts