Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Vacation: Board or hire a pet sitter?

4K views 36 replies 23 participants last post by  Bonn1997 
The puppy should have no problem being boarded at a facility. It wovld actually be really good for socialization. We had a 14 week old mastiff at my work recently, and he had so much fun. I am always weary of pet sitters. Yes, there are great ones, and if you can find one, the are a godsend. Unfortunatly, good ones are few and far between. In my area, most of the people who do it are really young witg no experiance, or adults who charge too much, and dont do enough. Example: my parents next door neighbor went out of town for 3 weeks, and left there dog. My parents didnt think anyone was taking care of it, because of the constant crying and barking. They ended up taking care of the poor thing, feeding and playimg with him everyday. They were going to report the owner, but this dog is old and not so great with strangers. He would have been pos. The owner came back and my parents had a talk with him. Come to find out, the guy had hired a petsitter, paid him and everything. My parents arent home all the time, but they are home a lot. They not omce saw anxone go that house. The neighbor was really upset. Maybe the owner should have known better, but this kind of thing happens a lot. Just be careful what you do with your dog when you go away

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.