Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys!

After two wonderful weeks, I'm back from vacation! I went to the beautiful state of Colorado. I don't know were to post this, but since it's got pics, I'll post it here.

First, Sobaka and I went to Alamosa, Colorado to do the "Great Sand Dunes National Park". http://www.nps.gov/grsa/ You can take your dogs on the dunes in the morning and in the evening. Sobaka loved it. So did I.

Walking up the dunes

Looking pretty!

Back at camp:

I always wanted a Papillon. This one is hugh!

Then Sobaka and I headed up north to Dolores, Colorado. We then spent the remaining time relaxing on the river, hiking, visiting Telluride area, fishing at trout lake and in the river, and just enjoying the area.

Sobaka playing in the Dolores river:

More:

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was star-gazing. Sobaka didn't care:

Sobaka looking pretty:

Just for a size reference:

At the campground, someone brought their three year old Tibetan Mastiff. Sobaka at eight months, was just as tall!

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Oh man.. you just confirmed it for me.. I HAVE to go to Colorado with Marge somehow!

I really think it is the most beautiful state. Those are some great pictures -- both of Sobaka and of the scenery behind her! She is maturing into a lovely dog.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you. Sobaka and I loved Colorado! It's a very dog friendly state.

It took two 17 hour days to get back. Sobaka hated the light of the moving cars at night, so she would bark like crazy... At fist I was like "Quite please Sobaka", but by the end of the second 17 hour day, I was like, "Shut up, suka" (you know what that means :))

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Looks like you thoroughly enjoyed it here. The southern part of the Colorado Rockies is one of my favorite areas. Especially HWY 285 across the San Luis. :D

Props on the leash too. We just got back from a hellish weekend of rude inconsiderate off leash brain-dead dog owners.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
It took two 17 hour days to get back. Sobaka hated the light of the moving cars at night, so she would bark like crazy... At fist I was like "Quite please Sobaka", but by the end of the second 17 hour day, I was like, "Shut up, suka" (you know what that means )
Haha. :D :D

BTW harrise we have the deadbrains here, too, even in New York City. You are not alone.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Great pictures - Trout lake looks gorgeous. Reminds me of western Canada. My favorite picture is the 2nd one with Sobaka on the sand dune. Love the contrast of the sky and sand - plus the big smile on her face.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Great pics! I love the sand dunes, it is so pretty there! Only thing I didn't like was sand in all those places where there shouldn't be sand....lol. Looks like everyone had a good time, I love the pics with the mountains in the background!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.