Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,681 Posts
Why would you do that? It's not a particularly healthy beverage for humans and I don't think there's anything in there that could possibly benefit a dog.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Can you give your dog berry blast V8?

Hi Laure-

Personally, I wouldn't. It contains more high fructose corn syrup than vegetable juice, and it also has the artificial sweetener sucralose. TBH, I wouldn't even feel safe drinking it myself. Artificial sweeteners are notoriously dangerous.

One way to give a dog vegetables is to cut the veggies up into approximately kibble size pieces and stir fry them (I use a splash of olive oil) in a pan that has just cooked some chicken or other meat. The residual flavor of the meat will go into the veggies, and dogs love it. Most of my dogs would not eat vegetables until I tried this way. Now they gobble them up added to their other food and smack their lips.

Every day my five dogs eat broccoli, carrot, green bell pepper, and napa cabbage, prepared as above. In the past I have also trialed zucchini (courgettes) and sugar snap peas, but those two vegetables seemed to bring out uncharacteristic quarreling in my male dogs, so I don't feed zucchini or sugar snap peas.

-DL

My dog Snowy (also goes by Sugar)

Berry Blast V8 Ingredients:

Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Vegetable Juice (Water And Concentrated Juices Of Sweet Potatoes, Carrots), Natural Flavoring, Fruit Juice (Water And Concentrated Juice Of Cherries, Strawberries, Red Raspberries, Blackberries), Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Red 40, Sucralose, Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I
Hi Laure-

Personally, I wouldn't. It contains more high fructose corn syrup than vegetable juice, and it also has the artificial sweetener sucralose. TBH, I wouldn't even feel safe drinking it myself. Artificial sweeteners are notoriously dangerous.

One way to give a dog vegetables is to cut the veggies up into approximately kibble size pieces and stir fry them (I use a splash of olive oil) in a pan that has just cooked some chicken or other meat. The residual flavor of the meat will go into the veggies, and dogs love it. Most of my dogs would not eat vegetables until I tried this way. Now they gobble them up added to their other food and smack their lips.

Every day my five dogs eat broccoli, carrot, green bell pepper, and napa cabbage, prepared as above. In the past I have also trialed zucchini (courgettes) and sugar snap peas, but those two vegetables seemed to bring out uncharacteristic quarreling in my male dogs, so I don't feed zucchini or sugar snap peas.

-DL
View attachment 261963
My dog Snowy (also goes by Sugar)

Berry Blast V8 Ingredients:

Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Vegetable Juice (Water And Concentrated Juices Of Sweet Potatoes, Carrots), Natural Flavoring, Fruit Juice (Water And Concentrated Juice Of Cherries, Strawberries, Red Raspberries, Blackberries), Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Red 40, Sucralose, Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12).
feed her a good diet. I accidently put it where she could get to it. I left the room for a min and caught her taking a couple of lick slurps of it. I just wanted to get more info. To know if it was going to hurt her or not. I like it. So whatever. I will continue to drink. He still has lots of good stuff in it besides the corn syrup I also drink Cokes. No she has never tried that Cuz I drink that out of the can.

·
Registered
573 Posts
A couple of licks should not cause any problems. Watch the dog for any abnormal behaviors. If any manifest, then you need to call the Vet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My dog luckly is one tough cookie! Her name is Twinky. Those couple of lives didn't faze her. She is A Jack Russell Chiuwawa mix. With the Jack Russell being dominent.
She is ready to turn 13 this April
Last year she was bitten by her eye by a baby rattlesnake and survived. She didn't make a noise after being struck. I walked her around the block after that not knowing until we got home.
Rushed her to the Vet gave her the anti venom and she still is a stubborn and lively as ever. She will probably live to 18.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts