Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
I like smilies collection 1. We use that on my other board (along with some of the extended set too). I like some of the extended as well.

It's just hard to see what these smilies are even doing for me. I feel like you can't really use them because everyone's going 'is that a winking smilie or...?)

As far as colors this one isn't so bad for me if you changed the buttons with white text to be a touch darker. I'm not a huge fan of the colors but I can deal with that. It's just the buttons that are hard to read.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Agreed with the colors. If we can change the buttons, I think it will be fine...I can read everything else.

And I like the smilie collection Miss Mutt posted, too...

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Wonderful changes! As far as skins, darker colors are sort of depressing. How about like a seasonal one, and like big holidays one, maybe a blueish one, reddish ..
Good work mods!

·
Administrator
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
sorry everyone, i've been extremely busy with other work related stuff here. I will get our tech team investigating on the smilies to begin with.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
They're sort of "meh" for me, and the old ones are still on top so they're the ones you see when you go to make a post.

:) ;) :D :p

^ still the old ones, so if you just type "colon-parenthese" you get the old ones.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Wow I don't like those AT ALL. Was there a reason the suggested smilie pack couldn't be used?

And these are still the same.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Wow I don't like those AT ALL. Was there a reason the suggested smilie pack couldn't be used?

And these are still the same.
I totally agree! I seem to remember that most people voted for a smilie pack that had no animation. I know I have been pushing for new ones, but these are a little over the top...no offense to the Admin Guy (I forget your name! :redface:).

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I personally like the animated smilies, although I do agree that some normal smilies should be available as well.

And I think the new admin's name is Yung. I think.

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
I don't mind the mildly animated smilies. I don't want them running around the screen (the cat forum has a "woo hoo" smiley that does that--very distracting), but I like some of them.

I think these guys will see frequent use, LOL: :frusty: :violin: :tape: :der: :censored:

But I think the animated winking guy appears to have something wrong with him. I thought he was a pirate smiley at first. :wink:

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
I like some of the new ones. Like the brick wall one, etc. Some of those are on my other forums and used often. I really think the normal ones need to be changed though. Those are the ones that will see the most use and they're still the same. I know I'm not the only one who has trouble trying to figure out exactly what the smilie is doing.

Like these:

;) :D :p :)

21 - 40 of 63 Posts