Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. I'll go in order as best as I can.

First things first: About a week ago, the last time I took Donatello to the dog park there was APBT- Well, at least that's what his owner said he was... Either way he was so adorable! I don't have good pics. of him because he was all over the place! He was a rescue like Donatello, and he didn't have a -bark- he would yelp, it was so strange! lol! I stuck my fingers through the fence and he'd sniff me, then run off. Donatello wanted to play with him, but the guy said he doesn't trust him just yet, so upon hearing that I put Donatello in the small dog pen and they chased each other.

-MUCH MORE-

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
-CONTINUED-

His favorite toy of all time, his camo-ring, has kicked-the-bucket! He tore 3/4 of the stuffing out, plus the squeaker! So I picked up the stuffing and left what was left for the next dogs to play with.

I've since replaced it, with a tougher toy!

-MORE-

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
-CONTINUED-

As we were leaving the dog-park that day, I saw Deer tracks! That's amazing and sad at the same time... : ( There's not enough woods around here and it's sad that we're pushing these shy creatures closer and closer to us.

-MORE-

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
-CONTINUED-

Two days ago, Donatello and I happened upon the den of a nursing mother cat and her kittens... Unbeknown to me it was a den underneath some pine-bushes. Donatello saw/smelled something, and didn't react like he normally would, so as we got closer out popped the mother cat! She scared him so bad he yelped for a good minute and a half and hid behind me.

Coming out of the bushes like he did he scratched his eye, it wasn't bleeding so I'm not led to believe she cut him, he got a little nicked up, but they weren't claw marks.

He's since healed up completely; I've washed out his eye and kept watch over it carefully to make sure it doesn't get infected so he doesn't have to see the vet.

It scared me, too! I kicked out at the cat and she ran back to her den... Here are the pictures I was able to go back and take after I calmed Donatello down and tied him up to my truck farther off.

They were camouflaged really well, and that's probably why Donatello wasn't sure what/where they were. He's still nursing his ego, though. : P Poor guy...

I called our county's animal control, there was no way I was going to able to lure her away myself... We don't need anymore wild cats running around!! *Sheesh! Anyway, Animal Control said it was the responsibility of my apartment-complex to live-trap them, then call AC and they'd come and pick them up. OR I could live-trap them myself and call AC to come pick them up. I contacted the office here and they said that I have to live-trap them myself and that they'll contact AC for me. -.- GEE, thanks! They're just lazy, and I'm just broke!

The woman I spoke to from AC apologized for not being able to help me out, I told her that they're dangerous and the more they breed the more diseases and illnesses they'll spread around...

They are cute kittens though, too bad my family is allergic to cats. : P (*Shh, don't tell anyone, but I put a can of tuna out near her den; I don't condone feeding them because they're just going to continue to hang around, but that's not my responsibility, I don't want to see her starve.)

-COUPLE MORE-

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
-CONTINUED-

Donatello was so upset that I was up there he wouldn't stop barking! I'm sure he was just concerned for my well-being. ; )

He calmed down once I jumped down from the hill where her den was... : P Silly boy!

-THANKS FOR LOOKING-

·
Registered
926 Posts
Great pictures. It looks like you both had fun. Poor kitties and they are so cute. Hard to believe AC won't get involved with that. :(

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great pictures. It looks like you both had fun. Poor kitties and they are so cute. Hard to believe AC won't get involved with that. :(
It was hard to believe at first, but I live in Gwinnett County here in Georgia... Duluth is not a tiny town at all. There are so many people here and so many issues, that they just "don't have the time" to fool with things like this... They said if the cats were confined in some way that they would handle it, but if they're not confined or trapped they can't help. : ( It is sad, and they are very cute! There are at least three that I saw, and there's another litter just around the corner! : ( It's terrible, and we're about overrun with them.

There's a couple tiger-striped ones, and one that has dark brown squares instead of stripes... It's hard to explain without a picture.

Oh my goodness!! Donatello is very handsome! :D Sad about the kitties though....:( Love the pictures!!
And an update on these kitties: Not to mention there is now another litter, a little came to our door thirty minutes ago with a kitten in a basket. Where did she get it? But none other than one the litters around here! They're not even old enough to be away from their mothers! The litter I happened upon was eating tuna, but they're still too tiny, and I didn't get to look at the one the little girl had.

My sister said she was messing around the bushes around the corner, and was trying to catch one. -.- Her parents allow this?

Ugh!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts