Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
I was seeing this on my desktop too.

View attachment 174298

That's what I'm seeing on my iPad Air as well, never looked at the site on my desktop though so no comparison there.
Well, THIS ^^ is what I got after selecting the standard 'reply' button (I didn't select the 'reply with quote').

At least this morning, I only had to refresh once before it allowed me to log in.

Aside from the log in issues, I've noticed that in each sub-forum the thread titles don't contain the name of the thread starter, the date the thread was started, or number of views etc. Only the thread title, number of replies, and the name of the last respondent are shown.

Growing pains? Progress? Whatever. I'm just hoping admin can sort out these glitches, soon.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I'm not one to complain, but this new look will probably end my time on here. Hurts my eyes and confuses me. I really dislike it.

I'll try to adjust, but wow. I hate it.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
I was seeing this on my desktop too.

View attachment 174298

That's what I'm seeing on my iPad Air as well, never looked at the site on my desktop though so no comparison there.
that's what I see on both a Windows desktop and an Android tablet.

If its a glitch, I'm patient but if its an intentional new design, I gotta say it is not a good design at all. Hard to read even on a desktop but on the touchscreen tablet, it is nearly impossible to select the correct thread.

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
that's what I see on both a Windows desktop and an Android tablet.

If its a glitch, I'm patient but if its an intentional new design, I gotta say it is not a good design at all. Hard to read even on a desktop but on the touchscreen tablet, it is nearly impossible to select the correct thread.
Haha, yeah, I keep touching the one below or above the one I want to touch. . .

I see the same thing everyone else is talking about. The green one (with the lady with the yellow Lab) popped up right when I came on and then it kept loading and came to this one.

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
Copied from the "suggestions / feedback" subforum:

The desktop view of the thread list is a bug and we are working on it. It appears to only be effecting this version of vBulletin vB 4.0.7 with one other site on our network suffering the same issue. We did update a new mobile skin for the site recently and this is working fine. The launch of the new platform for mobile and the thread list view change appear to be a coincidence happening around the same time. Please bear with us as we have a few techs running around in the database looking for the root of the issue.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Dumb question: I use the PG Free app instead of the mobile web version, why aren't those folks with issues using that? Or is that an Android only thing?

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Dumb question: I use the PG Free app instead of the mobile web version, why aren't those folks with issues using that? Or is that an Android only thing?
Because I have enough apps and I pay for top of the line phones that should be able to view the desktop version precisely because my phone is my main connection to the internet.

It worked fine before, I'd honestly suggest reloading the old coding and calling it a day.

·
Administrator
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hey guys,

Thanks for reporting the forum viewing issue when using a desktop/laptop. We are investigating that issue and we'll get it fixed ASAP!

·
Administrator
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Hi there,

You can exit the mobile view using the top level menu on the site and choosing the "Exit Enhanced Mobile Mode" option. Your browser will then remember not to use it.

can we have an option to use the original mobile view instead of the new one as well?

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Hi there,

You can exit the mobile view using the top level menu on the site and choosing the "Exit Enhanced Mobile Mode" option. Your browser will then remember not to use it.
Will that fix he view on our laptops? If so, can you explain in more detail? I'm technologically stupid but willing to learn.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Today tried to log in on my desktop and couldn't, it kept sending me to a blank page. Reload did nothing. Pretty sure it's a fluke I can post now.

I miss "quick reply" I don't like having to go into a new window to write things.

I agree, the mobile app was straight awful. I didn't think anything was wrong with the old one honestly, if it ain't broke why fix it? It worked great on my iphone 5 and it worked great on my new android phone too.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I'm not one to complain, but this new look will probably end my time on here. Hurts my eyes and confuses me. I really dislike it.

I'll try to adjust, but wow. I hate it.
I have to agree...and I consider myself to be pretty tech savvy. I used it in safari in my iPhone and I couldn't find a "back" button or how to close out the window/tab/page. I got really frustrated. I have to completely close out safari and hit the X button to stop it loading to close out the window. Super, super not user friendly. I won't be visiting on my phone again. I have the Pet Guide app on my old iphone which has become an ipod...and it seems okay there. But, I don't use it away from home or places with wifi.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
After struggling for a day I tried going back to the old view on my phone but ended up with the same issue everyone is reporting for their desktops. Very frustrating.

·
Banned
6,240 Posts
I have to agree...and I consider myself to be pretty tech savvy. I used it in safari in my iPhone and I couldn't find a "back" button or how to close out the window/tab/page. I got really frustrated. I have to completely close out safari and hit the X button to stop it loading to close out the window. Super, super not user friendly. I won't be visiting on my phone again. I have the Pet Guide app on my old iphone which has become an ipod...and it seems okay there. But, I don't use it away from home or places with wifi.
you can change it back to the old view via the menu in the upper left. however both views are pretty messed up atm.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
The mobile version is an absolute mess. No borders, text on text, hard to navigate, ads everywhere (on top of text too), slow to load, and the "buttons" or links are only half responsive. I'm on an iPhone 5C.

Thank goodness administrator told me I could exit the "enhanced" version. Enhanced it was not. At all.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts