Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The vet called this am. He has the culture results back but not the biopsy results yet. The culture showed staph and another type of infection which is usually more of a intestinal infection. Must have got some stool in the wound which is possible with the diarhea he was having. The antibiotics he is on are good for staph and ok but not the best for the other infection. Vet wants to leave him on what he is currently on only for now since the wounds are improving and we haven't heard about the biopsy yet. He still seems to be getting somewhat better though.

sorry this was supposed to be a reply to my other thread..not sure how it ended up as a new thread

·
Registered
78 Posts
Funny you say this because I was just about to post an update on my post about my dog's current issues wondering if maybe it might be the beginnings of a staph infection/staph allergy. I just came across some articles when looking for bacterial allergies and a lot of the descriptions matched those of your dog. Apparently staph is a hard bacteria to get under control in a dog with a suppressed immune system, so I wish you the best of luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts