Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i wrote about 3 weeks back how my boy had anal gland issue once because of soft stool. I need to resolve this because the thought of making him go through that process over and over was not acceptable.

I began searching for answers, all of which pointed to adding more fibre and little less protien to his diet as the Orijen seemed to be too rich for my boy. Wellness Core Ocean line seems to be the golden answer to his problems, the 7% fibre and slightly less protein is exactly what he needed.

His stools are near perfect now, I would rate them about 90 out of the 100 from the previous 50-60 that he had before.

He poops less, seems to LOVE this fish formula, and I like the shape of the kibble (perimid like) which helps to keep clean teeth.

Overall I am 100% happy with it and I intend to keep my 5 year old Jug (Jax) on this food.

Just thought I would share :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
I was also thinking of switching my dog to Wellness Core Ocean. He is currently on Wellness Chicken, but the poop is somewhat soft. The makers of Orijen also make another lower protein (32% instead of 42%) food, Arcana I think it's called. I was trying to decide between the two. I didn't notice the fiber content on either though, so I'll keep an eye out for that next time.

Thanks.

BTW, for my dog, kibble shape probably has no effect on clean teeth, since he barely ever chews.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Acana is only 3% fibre I tried jax on it for some time before switching to ocean which has 7%

That extra fibre is the key IMO

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Glad the food is helping. Go to the Wellness website and sign up for their newsletter, it has coupons in it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
noticing now he is literally asking to be fed. Seems like he loves this food! eating more than ever. I gotta watch how meals now :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts