Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay well... the vet has decided NOT to do a thyroid test on Rosie yet. Because in the last few days, she had started to improve some. So he put her back on the Ketoconazole fungal meds (even though the culture was negative), and she is continuing with the Cephelexin antibiotics and Malaseb bath 3x weekly.

Now, when Rosie came to me, she was INFESTED with tape worms (there was more worms than stool when she pooped), which means she was in contact with flea's, obviously. On top of this, the breeder claims she was using Frontline like crazy, but the flea's stayed. Now Rosie is flea-free, and has been since coming here. And on top of THIS, Rosie lived her whole life in a cage, with tons of other barking dogs. The vet thinks maybe it IS something like "flea bite dermatitis", and that the chemicals and stressed made things worse.

Heck, he doesn't know for sure, but he said he wants to hold off on all the tests, and continue with the current meds, considering that she is improving with her skin, her attitude, and her appetite.

Okay, onwards with before/and now pictures. Some you can barely see improvement, and some you can see drastic improvement.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dans, I see the biggest improvement around her face too -- way less scabbing, and a thicker shinier coat. Her paws have also drastically improved.

I see a bit of improvement with her neck area as well.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Oh my goodness, what fantastic improvement!!!!! Good for her. I am sure she is sooo much more comfortable now. Poor baby, I am so happy for her that she has you nursing her back to health and a happier life. :)

Jihad
and the pound puppy crew

·
Registered
823 Posts
Wow, she looks great! As a side note, my dachshund's legs and paws looked similar to Rosie's. She had chronic allergies her whole life.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Her face in that last one. She looks soooo much happier. That's awesome. She looks so much better. I bet she feels so much less icky now. Great job.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank guys, I am so proud of her. She's such a sweetheart and has the biggest heart of gold. I am just thrilled that she is making improvement, and is finally beginning to heal up. I can't wait until she has a full, thick coat of red hair to shine in the sun. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts