Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been on here before asking what kind of dog mine was before and have been told he is deff a husky/shep mix of sorts. Anyway I just wanted to give an update on how he is doing. When we first got him he was afraid of everyone. The shelter caught him as a stray and thinks he was priorly owned and abused due to his extreme skiddishness. We have had him for almost 9 months now. He is allowing kids and some women to walk up and pet him now, though can still be wary of men. His personality is opening up and he is becoming very playful with my room mate more and more. He had opened up to me after a couple months so seeing him open up to others is such a treat to see. His favorite game is 'chase me' he will tease you into chasing him with his grunts sneezing and growls and then bolt when you go to pet him, wanting you to chase him. We call him "boo' sometimes cause he is like the ghost in mario. When you face him he wont come near you but as soon as you turn you back and walk away he starts to follow you and bolts again as soon as you turn around. He is doing much much better compared to when we got him, and I am absolutley loving getting to see him blossom so much!

DSC_0154.jpg DSC_0194.jpg DSC_0176.jpg DSC_0032.jpg DSC_0330.jpg DSC_0107.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Kiba is a very handsome boy! I am glad he is doing so well. :D

I too have rescued a couple abused dogs. It took about a year for the one Lab/Rott mix girl ... but she overcame most of her fears of men, dark clothing, and hats by then. I still see her. She is one of my Sister's dogs now. She was 9 months old when I rescued her. She is now 10 years old (almost 11) and doing great!

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
So handsome *-*

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
That's wonderful! I have a rescue that was very shut down and shy, too, and he's really made a lot of progress in 8 months. Keep up whatever you're doing and he'll keep surprising you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts