Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as many of you know I've had to think about re-homing Brody because of his unexpected aggression towards my cats.

After working with this trainer he thinks it would be best for everyone if we found him a home without cats. He definitely thinks Brody could learn to ignore the cats, but my female cat Luna, does not like dogs and although she usually ignores Bridgette she will react if Bridgette gets too close to her. The trainer (and us!) think that because Luna acts like this she could trigger aggression in Brody if she reacts to him. I just don't want to put my cats in that kind of danger.

SO I refused to take him back to the humane society and now have found this awesome guy on petfinder who is going to adopt Brody next Tuesday.

He has had dogs in the past as well. He had them growing up and then he had a dog with his ex girlfriend, but she took him when they split up so he's been wanting to find a good dog since then. He has plenty of time to give in the care of a dog and he loves hiking!

I've been sending pictures and updates for the last two weeks or so and he seems like the perfect guy for Brody. He's already sent me notice so I know he's allowed a pit bull in his rental which is really good. And we've discussed veterinary care and everything. He has already contacted the vet near him to set up for Brody. The guy is really excited too which is just what I was hoping for!!

I'm really sad to be saying goodbye to Brody, but I think he's going to be very happy with his new owner! I don't think it could have turned out any better unless he had suddenly decided to love cats (and not to eat!).

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I'm sorry it didn't work out, but it sounds like you found him a great home. Good for you for giving it a try, and then for finding the right owner for him.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Good luck, Brody! I know how the cat deal is. I visited a cat at the local shelter wanted nothing more to bring him home, but I've got a very prey driven Dachshund (this cat is easily twice his size) and an Elkhound who ignores them until they take off running.

·
Banned
7,942 Posts
Glad it is working out. Better safe than sorry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts