Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:)My boxer Rocco and my pit bull Sophie had a puppy Bella about 5 weeks ago. The vet didn'r give Bella a good chance of survival. She was born about 2 weeks premature, was very small and weighed about 5 ounces. When Sophie was moving her by carrying her in her mouth and fractured her rib which resulted in Bella developing a flail chest. So I took her to the vet after staying up all night with her, keeping her on the side where the injury was to help with the negative and positive pressure with respirations. The vet tech and the vet wanted to put her to sleep and I said they were nuts that this puppy was going to heal. The was very skeptical about that. Now she is 5 weeks old, is running around our apartment, yipping and growling, playing, eating puppy chow mixed with puppy formula, drinking water, starting to wean from Sophie and is just a happy, healthy puppy. She will be going for he checkup soon and for her shots. I can't wait to see the look on the faces of the people who didn't have any faith in er survival. She weighs 3 pounds now and is so beautiful. I believe we chose the right name for her. Bella means beautiful and devoted to God. She truly is our little miracle puppy.
It seems to me the vets in this county are so quick to put down pets and I don't know whhy that is. One day I am going to have a no kill dog farm where families who have pets and have financial problems, or have some circumstance where the pet has to be given up, they can drop off their pet, come to visit and just give a small donation. That is my dream and I pray it comes true.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts