Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone :wave: Has your dog ever thrown up his dinner & then ate it? He threw it up before it was digested & then re-ate it? He has never done this before, has anyone ever come across this?

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Yep, dogs do that. They always have. . .it's mentioned in the Bible! Eww. Dogs are icky sometimes.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Avery--that was so gross, it was funny.

Yes, dogs do throw up and then will eat it again. The only thing we can do is try to pick it up as quickly as possible before they go to sniff it and then...well you get the picture and why do they do it? Maybe it still smells good, I don't know. Some other posters here may know.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Yes, yes, yes. And Cameron will eat what Toby throws up and what the cats throw up, too. Yuck

It does make clean up a little easier for me. He handles the chunky stuff and I just get to scrub up the wet spot.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Dogs that wolf down food can trigger the vomit reflex. Nothing wrong with the food, just eaten too quickly.
Then, again... with dogs it could have been anything ...literally.

Happily, my dog does not do this. When he vomits, it's b/c he shouldn't have eaten it in the first place... and we got lucky :)

However... he has been known to ... eat... other... s... :-(

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Yup, all mine have done this at one time or other.
If someone loses his/her dinner we never worry about cleaning it up. We know one of them (the dogs) will be more than happy to do that for us.
I always consider it a 'save' on dog food - 2 dogs fed for the cost of one. lol

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Holly doesn't, i am sure my old dog Bella used to though, and she would try and clear Holly's up too, or maybe this was Holly, i can't actually remember, but Holly doesn't clear her's up know anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts