Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO I was in contact via email with a breeder on and off awaiting on a male pup to be born. The litter arrived on September 8th.The breeder emailed me 2 days later to let me know. She told me the ones already spoken for, and how their was 2 male pups available. I eagerly emailed her back right away stating that I'd love to put a deposit down for the 1 male.

It's been 3 days later and no response as of yet. Should i be concerned she gave this pup to someone else? Or should I just assume she's very busy tending to all the new born puppies?

I just would be devastated if I somehow lost out d/t her not replying to my email in time.

Any feedback? :)

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
What breed?

Have you talked to the breeder (as in TALKED to, not texted)? Is the breeder local to you? Did you get CHECKABLE REFERENCES on this breeder? Did you call those references (not just text)?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What breed?

Have you talked to the breeder (as in TALKED to, not texted)? Is the breeder local to you? Did you get CHECKABLE REFERENCES on this breeder? Did you call those references (not just text)?
The breed is mini long haired dachshund. I’ve only been in contact with the breeder through email but am thinking about giving her a call in a few days time if no response still.

I checked all google reviews on this breeder, read all of their website and they have been breeding this breed for many years and are registered etc. All appears super professional so I’m not too sure…

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The breed is mini long haired dachshund. I’ve only been in contact with the breeder through email but am thinking about giving her a call in a few days time if no response still.

I checked all google reviews on this breeder, read all of their website and they have been breeding this breed for many years and are registered etc. All appears super professional so I’m not too sure…
I live just under 2 hours from the breeder

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
I'd call and/or send an email. My Spoo's breeder went off the radar within a week of his litter being born, and it turned out to be because the dam got extremely ill, and they were busy caring for her and bottle feeding a litter of 11 around the clock.

Reactions: 3GSD4IPO

·
Super Moderator
3,781 Posts
I'd give it at least a week before you check in again. As LeoRose said, a new litter can be a fraught and hectic time for the breeder, and they just may not have the bandwidth to reply to e-mails quickly until things settle down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts