Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By Steve Brown. I just picked up the book I have indicated in the title from the library and interested to hear what others who may have read it think. If any have followed his plan, how is it working out? The science behind it appears to be solid and Steve Brown's expertise in canine nutrition is extensive.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
I have the book but am doing prey model raw balanced to NRC levels with some supplements. I do make a point to feed more chicken than I had been before reading the book.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
The funny thing about science is that sometimes there isn't an agreement about a subject; based on the blurb at Amazon it looks like he is making a case for raw feeding. I am rereading "Dog Food Logic" and that author explains how dogs evolved to live with humans and that kibble (not based on any particular brand) can be nutritious depending on ingredients. She doesn't knock feeding raw but explains that it can be deficient in nutrients as kibble can be.

Hopefully you get something out of the book ... I learned some stuff from the book I mentioned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts