Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I recently adopted a puppy from the shelter, he's adorable! But I don't really know what to except when he'll grow up so I would know a bit more about his genetic background.

He's 4-5months old and currently weights 16lbs (7kg).

(he was born with a docked tail but all of his siblings have a normal tail)

Here's the momma, she's a small dog, she weights ~11.5lbs (5kg). She was a stray so she's reaaaally mixed...

Are you able to see some recognizable breed traits?

Thanks a bunch guys!!

·
Registered
12,194 Posts
Mom looks like terrier x chihuahua maybe? Not sure about your pup, because he looks similar, but I see a bigger breed in his face. Probably a mix of a mix! Adult size will probably be 20-30lbs, based on mom and his current weight. He's very cute! What's his name?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mom looks like terrier x chihuahua maybe? Not sure about your pup, because he looks similar, but I see a bigger breed in his face. Probably a mix of a mix! Adult size will probably be 20-30lbs, based on mom and his current weight. He's very cute! What's his name?
He's definitely a mix of a mix of a mix! He's a very sweet pup, his name is Vigo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If he was born with a bobbed tail he could have some jack russell.. I definitely see a some terrier in there. LOVE that face.

Yes his short muscular body is really terrier-ish. I just hope it's not some sort of lab x terrier because the shelter told me he would be a small breed and I don't have much room for a large breed!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Definite terrier mix. One loose calculation is double weight at 4 months for adult weight so he might be 30. Though I have seen exceptions to this calculation!

Adorable face!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I actually thought potential corgi mix because of the tail bob and coarser hair.
But his face is all wrong for a corgi... just the last picture made me think corgi.
Cute dog, whatever the heck he is!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts