Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was looking on CL for goats when I came across an ad for a GS. I'm definitely not in the "market" for another dog, but it's not a hard no to get one if the situation was right. Anyway, this guy has a GS that he is wanting to get rid of because he thought he wanted a "working drive" dog but he just can't handle her. The ad has been on there for almost two months, he says he has had a lot of interest but won't give her to just anyone.

My question-- do you think I should get her?? I know thats a decision only I can truly make but I am also planning to get another dutchie next year from overseas. The GS is one, has basic obedience, she and Nova are good together(we all met earlier today). Would you get her if this were your situation?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, I'm concerned about having two females together. Nova was fine with my mothers female Dutch when we were on vacation staying with her but that was only for a week and not long term. Any thoughts on that?

·
Registered
7,374 Posts
I mean, do you want three young high drive dogs at once? :D If so go for it.

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
As someone who also got a second dog on almost-impulse (she was still waiting for her spay when I met her at the shelter, so I had a couple of days to think about it).... think about a few things: 1) If it wasn't this specific dog, would you be looking at adding another dog in the future? 2) Does this dog fill a particular sports/training/companionship niche that is currently unfilled in your life?

Not a definitive way to make a decision, but if the answer is "yes" to either than you should probably get her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts