Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today has been a hard day on my 9m old staffy my 2yr old staffy has had to go to the vets overnight due to being bitten then getting heat stroke when he collapseds unknowingly. And then we moved today to, my little girl didnt want to drink.from her bucket havent eaten till recently and has just sat at the back door looking into thin space. Its been 12hours and have just used a pop top drink bottle to give her some stress she drank about 200ml but im so unsure what to do I think its a but of transition problems and loneliness im worried she isnt drinking enough because she threw up a bit of food before, she has 20lt of clean fresh water wet food dry food and left over broth but she just looks away. Is it possible I may of scared her when I was using the buckets of water to wet down my sick boy? If I keep bottle feedig her water how much should I give her and how offten help please

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
You could, if you want, try giving her a little bit of raw (or cooked) boneless chicken breast which is something most dogs won't refuse. Its not a balanced meal, but unbalanced meals are harmless for short periods of time.

Sounds like a lot for your girl to deal with at once, poor thing. Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about her not wanting to eat. Many dogs refuse food when they're first placed in a new situation (i.e. moving to a new home), and she's in a new situation AND lost her buddy (if only temporarily). If it lasts for more than 1 or 2 days or she vomits again or has diarrhea I'd take her to a vet because it could be something more than just stress making her ill.

I hope both your pups feel better soon!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks gingerkid will deffinetly go get some in the morning, its currently 4,30am n I just got up to check on her again she just looks so sad :-( I hate seeing my fur babies like this as do all

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sadly my boy won't be coming home from the vet so now it is going to be even harder on my girl, I just went outside and she imediantly came and gave me cuddles, I think she knew he wasn't going to come home :(

·
Registered
212 Posts
Sadly my boy won't be coming home from the vet so now it is going to be even harder on my girl, I just went outside and she imediantly came and gave me cuddles, I think she knew he wasn't going to come home :(
I am very sorry to read this.
She will hopefully overcome her grief in time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts