Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,443 Posts
If you want to use Google Drive or Dropbox to post photos to this or other forums o a Google search for how to do that. Its not as straight forward as Photobucket but it apparently can be done.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Yeah... I tried and just didn't have any luck. LOTS of googling... just couldn't seem to figure out how to NOT make it a link. I even tried overwriting the URL as one site suggested, using just the photo ID but that didn't work either. Whatever... I just finally was able to remember my photobucket login from about 6 years ago! So I used that for my first picture posts here. I'll just deal with it. (Plus I enjoyed seeing the pictures I had in that account that I haven't seen in so long... crazy that stuff hangs around like that with no notice saying "you haven't logged into your photobucket account for X years..." :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I couldn't agree more. I really like the advice and comments on this forum but its difficult to navigate and I haven't had much success with the photos either. Eventually you lose interest in posting anything but dialogue.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
You should be able to attach images on desktop without uploading it to a third party site first. Are you using the attachment button highlighted in my screenshot?

~Kay
I'm going to try this now. I didn't know that link worked for photos. I have been clicking the "insert image" icon at the top of the message box and it hasn't worked.

Emma 06-21-15 - 09.jpg

Same problem. The photo shows in the preview but when I submit the post for publication the image disappears and is replaced by a link that goes nowhere.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts