Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

umm........ wtf is this???

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  TxRider 
Wow... I really really suggest you tell the owners that they get the dog to the vet for a cleaning... (chances are they will have to pull out all of the teeth just by looking at those pics).

They are basically rotting out of his mouth... he/she could get periodontal disease... which is a terrible and dangerous disease.
It starts in the mouth when the teeth get so bad like that by neglecting ROUTINE care of a dogs mouth.

The disease poisons the blood and attacks the vital organs.
I had seen this many times while working at 2 different Vet Offices... when people bring their older dogs in asking "WHY DOES HIS BREATH STINK?!" or because the dog has suddenly become sick.

Keeping up with a dogs dental work and care is SOOOO EASY... it's just ridiculous that the majority of people do not do it.

It's wonderful that you care about the dog! Just follow through with it and tell the owners what could be going on... and that it causes pain for the dog and can even kill it. (It should be considered animal cruelty as well...)
Good Luck!
Nessa

The thing that I have seen with dogs that have that much advanced build up of plaque and tarter... is that they might not want to chew things anymore or have hard food. It can be super painful for them... like for us when we have a bad cavity... rotten teeth.

After a VERY thorough cleaning this dog might be able to go back and chew on things comfortably... (if he's uncomfy now) but from the looks of his teeth... they might need to be pulled.

I really hope this dog gets some help.
Nessa

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.