Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Temperament
The Papillon has the appearance of a dainty toy breed, but many owners will claim that their dogs are "big dogs in little dog suits". Some people find that their Papillon is very capable of handling a good five-mile walk. One aspect of the Papillon that has led many to believe the "big dog" assertion is this breed's surprising athletic ability. In contrast to its staid and stately representation in the Old Master portraits, the Papillon is highly energetic and intelligent. The breed is far older than any other represented by the AKC and is more notable for its psychological abilities than its athletic parlor tricks; the Papillon's true strength lies in its ability to perceive the emotional needs of its owner and to translate them into a healthy psychological environment. In other words, the animal becomes what the owner needs at the time, depending on circumstances. Provided their genetic structure is sound, and they are not the product of "puppy mill" inbreeding, they are generally healthy animals. Papillons are built for movement, and most do not need any encouragement to apply their energy to athletic activities. However, potential owners are cautioned that the breed is highly affectatious in nature.[citation needed]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papillon_(dog)

Maybe that's just worded weirdly. :confused:

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
I think that is a very biased statement and not based in any kind of fact. Obviously not written with objective information.

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that is a very biased statement and not based in any kind of fact. Obviously not written with objective information.
What? Your papillons aren't always exactly what you want? ;)

I just keep laughing at the thought of Nard's 'psychological abilities'.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Conversely, you can always delete wierd stuff like that off the wiki. =)

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Conversely, you can always delete wierd stuff like that off the wiki. =)
Oh yeah, I know. I just am trying to find out how I should edit it. Maybe just delete it.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Lol, Basil must have missed the memo! Whenever I want to play and have fun, Basil's a complete bump on a log. But when I need a nap, he won't quit bothering me XD

·
Registered
307 Posts
Oh Wiki, you amuse me so. I think the best I ever saw was under seal clubbing: the desire of young seals to go and dance to loud music.

Not quite so accurate.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Add Gizmo to the 'missed the memo' list. Maybe I should read him that entry..and he can conform into what I want.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts