Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog has lately had such bad gas and its been getting progressively worse (more frequent) :( I don't know what to do about it. We recently switched her food from Nutro to Innova. We blended the old and new for about a week and a half and she's been on only the new food for about 3 weeks. She was not gassy when on the Nutro. Do you think the new food is causing this? Will the gas stop eventually?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Ugh, do I ever know what you are talking about! The exact same thing happened to one of my parent's dogs when we first switched to Innova. It was like room clearing gas, horrible! The plus side? It did get better :) For us the only thing that worked was waiting it out. Sorry I can't be more helpful and know that I 100% sympathize.

·
Registered
611 Posts
My dog stopped when he stopped getting milk and unprocessed protein.

I add a heaping tablespoon of pumpkin (not pie mix) to my 30# dog 2 meals a day.

If it doesn't quit then another switch is in order. I read Consumer Reports article that said price had nothing to do with quality in animal food so switch to your hearts content until the gas stops. Ask your vet what he should be eating in a dog food and read the labels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts