Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh my goodness she's driving me insane! She's having a problem with trusting other people. I'm trying the treat technique and its working so far but she still wont play with her toys and BE A DOG!!!!! She nips at the kittens, she tries to stalk the cows that live on the FFA AG-CENTER thats right behind us and does nothing but make the cows angry. She fights me with the home-made head harness i made, its not made to hurt her and theres no way it can bother her i've borrowed a friend's head halter and the same problem. She's rebelious and she's going to be a year old in the next 12 days. I would never get rid of her, she's so cute but she's driving me bonkers. Did I mention her hatred towards small dogs? She has a lunging problem and literally wants to hurt the smaller dog, she even tries going after small animals, rabbits, birds, mice, rats, she'll lunge at strange cats and bark at them viciously. I've tried everything, tapping her nose and saying no, i've sprayed her with a bottle, swatted her butt, not violently either. She's out of control at times, i've tried ceasar milan techniques EVERYTHING!!!!! One person down the street, this snobby chick, said it was because she's a pit bull mix, even the slightest drop of blood makes a vicious animal, i told her she was stupid of course and told her she had no idea what the heck she was talking about. If you have any suggestions please help! Should i call a proffesional?!?!?

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
You sound like your in over your head, so it may be best to call a trainer.

Don't blame her -- always remember, blaming the dog does nothing to solve the problem :)

I've tried everything, tapping her nose and saying no, i've sprayed her with a bottle, swatted her butt, not violently either.
Read up on clicker training -- ditch the negative techniques.

For the lunging and small dog aggression you may want to look into Lesle McDevitt's book, Control Unleashed.

·
Banned
363 Posts
How much do you exercise her? i) Give her a real good work out each morning so that she is TIRED and ii) go back to basic obedience training (positive, negative, whatever but do it right, timing and patience) and start from scratch again; if your not sure how get some help.

If your not going to exercise her and train her then you get the dog you deserve ! Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts