Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ludo and I live in a townhouse with a decent sized back yard. This morning, it was nice and cool outside so I decided that Ludo could have breakfast on the back porch. I set his dish out there and left the backdoor open while I sat on the couch and read.

I could hear my neighbors doing some work in their backyard but Ludo was pretty preoccupied with his food. I instantly knew when Ludo finished because he came bounding into the house, stopped in front of me, let out two pathetic whimpers, hopped (literally - he doesn't run he hopes like a jack rabbit) back outside and barked. Repeat 3 times before I finally made him stay in.

What a guard dog, he is! Before he even reacts he comes and whines to me about it!

I just had to share, it is so typical of Ludo and put me in the best mood this morning :)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope. I named him after the big monster in Labyrinth. I didn't know there *was* a band until people started asking me about his name.

He has always run like that when he gets excited. He hops rather then runs. But, when he is just running for exercise, he runs normally. I loved it when he was a pup because he had these HUGE back feet for his size (which was my only signal of how big he was going to get - that and how big his front paws were). So he had rabbit like feet and hopped. I used to call him my Ludo-bunny.

And yes he did earn his breakfast. I also learned the other day how he reacts when he we aren't home and someone walks in. I was leaning over picking up a grocery bag and opened the door so my hair was over my face and I was bent way over. The first thing I heard when the door opened was this deep growl coming from Ludo (crated, as always when unsupervised). The growl stopped and turned into a whimper as soon as I looked up (good boy knows he NEVER growls at me). But I was still pretty impressed that he was defending the house from an uknown person (although - what could he do? He is in a crate!)

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Well, unless the unknown person knows he's in a crate, might make them think twice about going all the way in...:eek:

Butch and Roxxy sound REALLY fierce, seriously. I have managed to walk up the front sidewalk and I'll ring the doorbell. If I didn't know what was there, I might not go in. They may be little but they make a whole lot of noise. If I'm not here, I'm not so concerned, but if I am, make all the noise you need to...except when I tell you to stop that is. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts