Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am attaching a picture of some of the worms I found in Bonnie's stool. I took a sample into my Vet and they said they did not know what kind of worm it was and to just worm her again with Dolpac but I would still like to know what it is. I thought it was tapeworm at first but they are not flat and have never found any of the rice things I have seen on other dogs I have had with tapeworm. DSC03298.JPG

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Perhaps if you isolated one or two and took closeup shots you could identify it yourself by comparing to photos online or send it to a biology teacher. Be sure to get as good a shot of each end as possible.

Your vet is right about repeating the worming. One treatment doesn't always get them all.

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have compared it to pictures of dog worms and there does not seem to be any like it. Hopefully worming her again will break whatever cycle the worm is on. Not one of my other six dogs has any signs of it but I did worm everyone as they were due for the fall worming anyway. Will continue to research and see if I can find out what kind of worm they are. They do not seem to be affecting Bonnie as she has a good coat, lots of energy and never misses a meal.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
They look like they could be the head segments of tapeworms, instead of the more commonly seen body segments.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts