Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I haven't really been around. I started back to work last week and its been a little *laughs* crazy.

Ty starts his puppy obedience tomorrow! I'm so excited and very nervous. I'm a really shy person, more so around a lot of people I don't know, so I'm sure this will help both me and Ty. I hope we both do ok!

Also a little up date on the crazy monster! He's now 12 weeks old, LOVES sticks. I've ever seen a puppy go for sticks like he does; he needs to carry one when walking around and he prances like "look at me with my stick!".

He got his second set of shots last week, and took them like a champ. I got a clean bill of health from the Doc. She said he should be just fine now (he had kennel cough and another bacteria that I can't remember the name).

Ty is growing like a weed. When we first got him, he weighed 4.6kg. I weighed him last week and he was 7.2kg! That was just in 2 weeks. I looked at him today and was like *Wow*. He's not my little puppy any more :(

I started taking him for walks, and he never tires. He could walk for hours if I let him probably, but I've limited him to 20-30 minutes for now. He gets way to out of breath and panting, even though he's still ready for crazy play afterwards. I took him to a school yard by my house today (because its fenced in and dogs rarely go there) and he loved it. I dropped the leash and just ran, him following me everywhere..he had a blast!

Lucky the cat is his best friend. They play ruff together, and I only break them (*cough* Ty) up when Lucky get too tired of him and starts to his. He never uses his nails though, and they chase each other everywhere :)

House training is doing pretty good as well. He's making less and less accidents every day, yesterday was only one! I'm very proud of him. He was also in the crate today for the first time in the day! I had work and my mom had to go to the hospital for a check up, he did fantastic! No barking, just slept like a good puppy :)

You know, I have to say that it feels like he's always been here. Now that he can do more walking, I love waking up and taking him for a walk...And getting home after work and taking him...Its just amazing.

I still have to get more pictures up, sorry!

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
12 weeks old?! Time really flies... his birthday is three days after mine :) Glad to hear that everything is okay. I remember that strange bacteria he had. Serratia marscens or something. (Kay, I know I misspelled something in there.)

Hope the camera's behaving and we get to see some pictures of not-so-little Ty soon!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep. I can't believe this Saturday I've had him 4 weeks. Does NOT seem that long, but then it feels like he's been here for ever. Thanks Melissa :D and LOL it was serratia marcescens, I was to tired to even think about it last night!

Camera is working lovely...I just have to take a few more before I upload them all. I've taken some videos as well :D

*woot* obedience tonighttt!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts