Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I need some help on information. Ty's culture came back with Kennel Cough and serratia marcescens. Now my vets have never heard of it before. Lovely. He's on Novo Trimel for another week to treat it but I can't find ANY info on it in dogs. Now I'm worried my cats may have it, and possibly my ferrets.

I was wondering if any of you know symptoms, how contagious this is, how long it takes to treat, can Ty and my cats die from it? Really anything you may know. I'm going back to the vet tomorrow, need to weigh Ty and possibly pick up meds for all my cats and ferrets (lovely, 5 cats and 4 ferrets). I'm gonna see if The vet can also contact someone with more info about it.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Is it possible that the culture may have been contaminated? What about doing a second culture?

·
Registered
4,966 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The culture wasn't contaminated. But I may do another one in a week or two. Maybe a urine culture as well.

Thats all I could find as well. But I didn't find the documented case. The difference with Ty and that dog is he does seem to be getting better with antibiotics. He's not lethargic and his tempeture is normal. I did find one artical about dogs being injected with it, or something like that, but they all died. Which is worrying me a lot. And I've had a bird in my house for the past month, so two weeks with Ty. He hasn't been near her really, and no contact but I'm worried she might get sick as well....I'm a little stressed at the moment.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts