Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me preface this by saying that I live alone with my dog. So nothing goes on in her life that I don?t have a hand in. She is a 5 month old lab/ australian shepherd mix. I got her when she was 3 months old. Right away she took to potty training. As long as I did my part and kept her on her schedule she would not use the bathroom in the house. I have a very small yard that is not fenced in. This means that I take her out every time on her leash. This gives me the opportunity to see everything that she does outside. Where she goes and what she explores. However, during the past few weeks (3 or so) it has been a challenge to get her to do number 2. It?s like over night she became scared of part of the yard. She goes through trouble to walk way around to avoid it and if I ever walk that way she stops and I would have to almost drag her if I wanted her to go to that part of the yard. Also, she HATES wet grass. Let me just say...she is not afraid of water. She almost enjoys her baths. She just hates wet grass all of a sudden. So in combination with fear of part of the yard and hating wet grass she has all of a sudden changed her routine of when to potty. For the first month and a half I would feed her first thing in the morning and immediately I knew she needed to go outside to do number 2. Then she may or may not would do number 2 again during the day. However, after I fed her a second time during the evening she would again immediately need to go do number 2. I would take her out and she would immediately take care of business. Now along with the above mentioned problems I might be outside with her for 30 minutes and she won?t go. I was just outside with her for a LONG time and she didn?t go. Then about 10 minutes after being inside she did number 2 in the house. What am I missing. I have not changed her diet or routine at all and like I said I watch her very closely. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, let me say that I have sometimes had to leave her in her kennel for 5-6 hours at a time. That is extremely rare, but it has happened. She has never, ever used the bathroom in her kennel. Not sure if that helps with the advice, but there it is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts