Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
Found these two puppies eating trash in a ditch today. They are surprisingly happy pups, considering how skinny and flea/tick infested they are. They?ll be going to the vet tomorrow if he has any available openings. Hopefully this is the beginning of a better life for both of them.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Oh my gosh, they're so frickin' cute!

They could be Apollo and Artemis- twins from Greek mythology. Or Hansel and Gretal? Alternatively, maybe an herb/plant theme- Thistle, Sage, Basil, Bay, etc.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh my gosh, they're so frickin' cute!

They could be Apollo and Artemis- twins from Greek mythology. Or Hansel and Gretal? Alternatively, maybe an herb/plant theme- Thistle, Sage, Basil, Bay, etc.
Thanks, I love the Apollo/Artemis and Hansel/Gretel suggestion!

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nova was less than thrilled with them at first, I?m lucky she is so tolerant. The black female likes Nova a lot.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Awwww - so cute! Lucky pups that someone caring came along and spotted them! You'll be keeping them both I assume? :becky: It's like winning the puppy lottery!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks both of you. I definitely feel like I did the right thing, sad to think what might’ve happened to them.

We probably won’t keep both just because I’d be worried about littermate syndrome. Right now I’m just trying to get them healthy, both pups seem to be doing much better though. Not sure if it’s from being dewormed or starting to feel more comfortable here, but they were both acting like crazy puppies today, running and chasing each other around the yard. The little female was even chasing Nova when I was throwing ball for her.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I took puppies to the vet yesterday to get new weights. They definitely feel like they have been gaining, I just wanted to be sure. Puppies both gained 2pounds since last Monday! They are doing so much better from when I found them. They are so playful, they are starting to become much more confident and trusting.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The little female has found a new home. My husband and I have decided to keep the male. We have named him Apollo, thank you, Moonstream. He is a good puppy, he is crate trained and is already sleeping through the night. He is really spunky and loves to play chase with Nova.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts