Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
interest To Some.

1. Head lines,"Dying bulldog saves owner from fire", Grand Rapids Mich.
The fire came two weeks after a vet discovered the nine year old American bulldog had several cancerous tumors. The owners decision not to end the terminally ill dog's life, ended up saving his life.

The thing that strikes me here is that I was under the impression that the American bull dog is in the Pit bull family, if so they did not want to use the P word?

2. We have been having alot of people putting clips in the paper about tailgateng, driving too closely, so I thought this was a funny reply, what do you think:eek: "Tailgating only makes sense: people do this just to sniff your tail pipe to see if they recognize you, just like man's best friend!

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
The American Bulldog is its own stand apart breed......the AB and the APBT could share common ancestors but they are very different breeds now.

So calling an AB a Pit Bull would be wrong.:)

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
The American Bulldog is its own stand apart breed......the AB and the APBT could share common ancestors but they are very different breeds now.

So calling an AB a Pit Bull would be wrong.:)
Guess what they'll call an Am-Bull if it viciously attacks someone.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I agree, I saw the photo of the dog and I can easily see people calling it a pit bull.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
My husband was telling me about this. They are very much a family dog so one saving it's owner I would believe. They are forever a puppy in a big dog suit.

Alot of people think LeRoy is a pitbull, or a white Boxer. I usually tell them he is an American Bulldog, but I don't mind people thinking pitbull, because they are both great breeds. Then people usually ask the difference between the 2.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thankyou pugmon, it kinda gets confusing because they all have the word, "bull", in there breed name, either in the begining or end.

The the American bull dog is a laid back dog, then thats the dog, I should have gotten at my age lol. My min-schnauzers are not slowing down any, age seven and nine. So I work out alot to keep in shape for them.:)

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Thankyou pugmon, it kinda gets confusing because they all have the word, "bull", in there breed name, either in the begining or end.

The the American bull dog is a laid back dog, then thats the dog, I should have gotten at my age lol. My min-schnauzers are not slowing down any, age seven and nine. So I work out alot to keep in shape for them.:)
You do realize that you probably would be in better shape if there was less chess playing and more jogging/pumping iron etc. I mean that's just a guesstimate, just trying to help your dogs out as they need you in better shape.:D

·
Registered
1,660 Posts

Laid back? Not mine. He is always running laps around the outside of the house. Only when he's a sleep is when he's laid back. But he is very much a family dog.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts