Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
I rescued a 9 year old black lab a few years ago that actually had a half of a brain..Half his head was sunk in:( His previous owner had extensive surgery done on him a couple years before that. I had him for about a year and a half when a tumor started to reappear in the same area:( He was older, about 12ish, so I opted not to even get it tested, because deep down I knew the cancer came back and at 12 years old and 120 pounds he wouldn't have lived much longer(he was already having problems walking and getting up and down). I even moved to a first floor apt anticipating how hard it would be to get him outside as he declined. I did keep him alive until he had a stroke while we were taking a walk- he just gave this high pitched noise, put his head in the air and collapsed- I couldn't get him up, that is when I decided to put him to sleep...He was one hell of a dog:) and he deserved not to be in any pain:( Your dog is a lot younger and I would get a second opinion and weigh the options of the value of life the dog will have if its treated-if the dog has 10 more years to live I would probably do whatever I could to save him as long as he isn't in any pain.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts