Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the video of the adorable Mia with the Tug a Jug, and then you tubing other dogs with it, I felt the need to get one for Stella. This is probably the best purchase I have ever made for her.

At first, Stella did NOT like the sound of it. It kinda freaked her out. Then we showed her that there were treats in it. SHE LOVES IT! She played with it for almost an hour. Then she took a little nap, and went back at it. She has realized that it is too loud on the hardwood, so she's keeping it on the rug. It's still a little loud, but I don't mind.

She hasn't quite figured out a tactic to getting the treats out. She keeps standing it upright, then knocking it over... but nothing comes out. Its real funny.

What makes this the amazing is right now, my cousin is visiting. Stella just goes BONKERS for him.. constantly bugging him. Well, with the Tug a Jug out, she's barely even noticed he's here.

Just felt like posting our experience with the Tug a Jug. Hoping she keeps liking it as much as she does now.

At this moment, there are 4 little pieces of her dry food in there. She has taken a break from getting them out and is chewing on a bone... oh wait, she's back at the jug. lol.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Nash loves his too, although he figured out how to unscrew it so it doesn't really serve its purpose very well anymore!

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
I absolutely love watching Basil play with his tug a jug :D He gets so focused! It's quite endearing.

Glad Stella is enjoying her new toy! I too think it was a very good investment for us :)

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
LOL I wish Kimma liked it! She has shown no interest in it or the Buster Cube whatsoever... It's kind of frustrating actually, since I bought them both and she doesn't care, hahaha :p

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL I wish Kimma liked it! She has shown no interest in it or the Buster Cube whatsoever... It's kind of frustrating actually, since I bought them both and she doesn't care, hahaha :p
Aww, that kinda sucks. I always get irritated when I go and spend money on something, and Stella doesn't like it. I feel like I wasted my money, when I'm already strapped for cash. I got lucky with this toy. She got a little upset that I took it away last night. I don't want to anger the people who live under us with her dropping it constantly... and it was getting late. So all the food inside was dropped sporadically throughout a couple rooms. I didn't realize how much of a vacuum my dog is. lol.

·
Registered
205 Posts
One of the things I love most about any interactive dog toy, is seeing the different methods different dogs use to get the treats out. We have a Kong for Vincent and fill it with kibble and peanut butter. Once he's licked all the peanut butter out of it and once he's gotten as much kibble as he can get just having it sit on the floor, he'll pick it up, fling it up in the air a bit and let it hit the floor hoping that stuff falls out. He's so smart and makes me so proud. Haha

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Aww, that kinda sucks. I always get irritated when I go and spend money on something, and Stella doesn't like it. I feel like I wasted my money, when I'm already strapped for cash. I got lucky with this toy. She got a little upset that I took it away last night. I don't want to anger the people who live under us with her dropping it constantly... and it was getting late. So all the food inside was dropped sporadically throughout a couple rooms. I didn't realize how much of a vacuum my dog is. lol.
I know!!! And yet I keep buying her things, hahahaha... :p

But that's awesome that Stella likes it so much! It's a good way to really work her brain :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts