Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told Bentley is a Chihuahua/Miniature Pinscher. Not quite sure I believe that. I see some Chihuahua, but no Min Pin. I thought both Chihuahua's and Miniature Pinscher's had ears that stood up straight? His are floppy. Just want to see if any of you have any guesses as to what else he might be.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Looks like a pug x chi mix to me, or maybe a beagle x chi mix, depending on his size.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Looks like a pug x chi mix to me, or maybe a beagle x chi mix, depending on his size.
i 2nd this...it was my 1st thought when i saw him b/4 i read.....

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
So the general consensus is definitely some beagle and probably some pug? That's what I thought too lol.

Size wise.. when I got him at 9 weeks he was 3.15 pounds. He is now a couple days short of being 6 months and last time I weighed him he was 20 pounds. He is solid, not fat. I know Chihuahua's are super small and I always thought Min Pin's only got to 13-15 pounds. So he MUST have some other mix in there lol. Thanks for the help everyone :)

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
not all Chi's are tiny...i had a friend w/ 3 of them and the smallest one was 9#....they were brought from Mexico and she said that that is normal for them there (as well as the smaller ones) and most people called them "Deer Chihuahuas"....

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just for comparison sake.. here are a couple pictures of Bentley and his brother Dexter. Both from the same litter...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts