Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,
Today, when I came home from work, I noticed that my 6 year old schnauzer wasn't as active as usual. I took him out for a walk and he seemed to become more like himself. But, when I went to go feed him (dry dog food, and usually he doesn't hesitate to start digging in), he just sat there or moved away. When I got him to take the food into his mouth, he would try to chew, but it looked like he was having some trouble and spit it back out.
Any idea what the heck is wrong? He was completely fine yesterday, and my husband says he was eating fine this morning. I've looked at his teeth and it all seems okay. I have noticed that he's been licking his mouth a lot more recently, but I just figured it was nothing.
Any advice would be appreciated! Looks like we're going to need to take a visit to the vet :(
Oh, and are there any softer foods I can cook up to try and get him to eat for the time being?

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Maybe some boiled skinless boneless chicken and rice? That's usually pretty appetizing to them. But do see a vet if he's not normal tomorrow. They could have an abcessed tooth or a splinter in a gumline, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts