Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went on another long overdue trip to the coast, but unfortunately picked just about the worst day to go! The winds were so strong that our ear drums physically hurt and the sand being whipped up against our legs ended up being tough to bear, too. We stayed about a total of 30 minutes before deciding to go.

Needless to say, Trent was displeased. He didn't care about the weather, he was having too much fun digging and playing.

Apologies in advance for the pictures, I had the camera covered and didn't want to take it out to change settings. Didn't bother changing lenses, either, because the sand was literally getting everywhere, so these are all with the 50mm.

Onto the pictures!

How windy was it? I was worried that his tongue would get blown away by the wind!

Trent is unconcerned and moves on to his favorite activity

Nevermind the tongue, HE LOST AN EAR

Oh, found it. My favorite picture of the day

"THIS IS FUN"

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Also, my dog is much more agile than I give him credit for. This wall is extremely sandy and has quite a flat surface. I asked him to jump up to humor me and he surprisingly managed to do so and stay in that position until I released him.

Some more climbing and posing

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Fantastic photos! He is so handsome, I never get tired of seeing him. I think this one is my favorite, the way the sand is being tossed up and how he's obviously loving it so much!

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I love that photo that Sibe re-posted! It is my favorite. But all of them were great! And of course Trent is so handsome! But you scared me a bit ... I really thought something tragic happened with his ear!!! Lol! :) So glad it was a joke!

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Great pics!! What kind of camera do you use? Mine broke so I am looking for a new one.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone!! He had a lot of fun in those short 30 minutes, and I'm glad I managed to get some fun pictures out of it :)

Great pics!! What kind of camera do you use? Mine broke so I am looking for a new one.
I'm using a Nikon D90 with a 50mm f/1.8 lens. I just got it about 3 or 4 months ago and LOVE it!

·
Registered
471 Posts
You scared me for a second because I thought you were serious about losing an ear. I think losing an ear would be bad. I love that pic Sibe pointed out too.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Amazing Photos!!!
Thank you :)

dang girl! You make me want a 50mm everytime you post!!
Seriously the best $80 EVER spent (though I did get it used). GET ONE, TOO!

You scared me for a second because I thought you were serious about losing an ear. I think losing an ear would be bad. I love that pic Sibe pointed out too.
Yikes, sorry about that! Should have put "loses" in quotation marks (and also realized too late it is "loses", not "looses").

I promise though, if something bad like that DID happen, I would not mention it so casually, and in a photo thread!!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I think I've said this to you before: I want your dog!! (and your camera). heehee

The combination of that beautiful animal and how your photography captures him perfectly just makes my heart go all pitty-pat and stuff.

=)

This is one of my fav's:

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Trent is so handsome. And even when playing in the sand, he looks all business.
I bet he enjoyed the loose sand and wind more than you did!
LOL! Playing in the sand IS Serious Business. Every dog knows that! ;)

Yeah, I don't know why, but the wind gave him some serious zoomies. He was zipping around the beach for the first 10 minutes like a possessed beast.

I think I've said this to you before: I want your dog!! (and your camera). heehee

The combination of that beautiful animal and how your photography captures him perfectly just makes my heart go all pitty-pat and stuff.

=)
Aw, thank you so much for such a kind comment! I take it as a compliment that you like Trent (and the camera) enough to steal :) (although I'll probably hang on to both for now!).

He's an easy - and FUN - dog to take pictures of.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Wonderful photos and beautiful dog. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts