Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small chihuahua 5 years old. She has had tremors started around maybe 2 years old. Before she had them her vet gave me a heads up that chihuahuas are none to be hypoglycemic and if she ever had an attack to rub sugar on her gums. When she had her first one, one of her back hind legs and one front leg would lose mobility and she would go limp and can’t walk. Rubbing sugar on her gums stopped it and that worked and always have, until just recently. Yesterday morning she seemed down not her normal self and we wondered what was wrong with her. On the way to the vet she had an attack and rubbing sugar did not help. She had an attack all the way to the ER, which is about a 20 min. ride. They’ve done blood work (total health profile and a blood chemistry test ammonia), both are normal. Today, she is going to have an ultrasound to see if they find anything abnormal and go from there. I have a feeling it’s going to be normal too. Anyone have experience with this and have an idea what it can be from?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts