Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 5 month old lab/golden that the vet has finally diagnosed as probable mites after first two visits saying allergies and to try grain free diet and a high priced oatmeal/aloe shampoo/Benadryl. He put her on Revolution 3.5+ weeks ago with 3 treatments 2 weeks apart. She is still scratching and biting on her paws and legs causing hair loss and darkening of her skin. Shouldn't she be improving by this point? Its killing me to see her suffer and cortisone/anti-itch sprays/shampoos and Benadryl don't seem to help. We tried a few days of very low dose prednisone chewables, which calmed down the itching two weeks ago but side effects scared us so we stopped it after 2 days after talking to vet. Her scratching resumed almost immediately. Should I go ahead and give her the last dose of Revolution Tuesday or ask vet for another course of treatment and if so, what has worked for your dogs? I have washed and sprayed her beds, crate and sleeping areas, harness and collars, should I do something to her stuffed toys?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shell, how can I post this to general and health, think it put it in wrong forum to reach many people? There is no option to do a new post on my page today. Thank you for your response. I also responded to you with reply to thread but nothing is showing up now.. so I don't think it went through.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts