Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Early last year we moved country and had some professional help in moving our pet dog to the new residence. It made me wonder about the conditions of the transport. Actually I started to think about the problem and teamed up with a colleague to develop a transportation logger to log the conditions of transport. In the case of transporting a pet then it could tell temperature, humidity and shock over the journey. So far we have made a simple prototype and now launched it on KickStarter to see if we can raise the funds to make it a product for people to use.

What does everyone think about the idea? Do you think it would help in moving pets around and ensuring they get transported under reasonable conditions? You can get more by going to KickStarter on the Web and searching for the GHT Transportation logger. Looking forward to your feedback.

Regards
Mark

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Hi,

Early last year we moved country and had some professional help in moving our pet dog to the new residence. It made me wonder about the conditions of the transport. Actually I started to think about the problem and teamed up with a colleague to develop a transportation logger to log the conditions of transport. In the case of transporting a pet then it could tell temperature, humidity and shock over the journey. So far we have made a simple prototype and now launched it on KickStarter to see if we can raise the funds to make it a product for people to use.

What does everyone think about the idea? Do you think it would help in moving pets around and ensuring they get transported under reasonable conditions? You can get more by going to KickStarter on the Web and searching for the GHT Transportation logger. Looking forward to your feedback.

Regards
Mark
Great idea!!!

Years back my nutty parents left me (freshman yr of college ) and took our 2 dogs-- Airedale and a GSD mix-- and an old tomcat -- and moved them from the US to Kathmandu Nepal, with one stop in Bangkok, thailand (we knew people there and they checked on the pets at the airport for us)-- animals survived fine-- only 1 made it back from Nepal however--

But yours would have been a valued service for sure and I am sure others would love it -- you need better publicity though....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. Glad there is some general interest in this. I have got some other similar feedback. Do you have any thoughts yourself on improving the publicity?

Regards
Mark

Great idea!!!

Years back my nutty parents left me (freshman yr of college ) and took our 2 dogs-- Airedale and a GSD mix-- and an old tomcat -- and moved them from the US to Kathmandu Nepal, with one stop in Bangkok, thailand (we knew people there and they checked on the pets at the airport for us)-- animals survived fine-- only 1 made it back from Nepal however--

But yours would have been a valued service for sure and I am sure others would love it -- you need better publicity though....

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. Glad there is some general interest in this. I have got some other similar feedback. Do you have any thoughts yourself on improving the publicity?
Regards
Mark
Try a dog magazine to advertize in or contact the editors they could do an article, here in the Bay area (I go back and forth to San francisco once a week or so).. it would be BARK magazine out of Berkeley, CA-- the bay area is a true Dog lovers and world travellors hot spot....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts